When it comes to interior finishes, the Paradigm Design Team has carefully selected a collection of great quality materials that are stylish and durable. When it comes to the longevity and integrity of those interior finishes, DIY cleaning solutions are often the best as most store bought products contain chemicals that could compromise materials over time. Check out our list of DIY cleaning solutions that are eco-friendly, cost effective and super easy to make!
1) Polished Quartz Countertops
The beauty of natural stone with the durability of a man-made product – it doesn’t get much better than quartz!
• Non-porous (no resealing required & won’t collect bacteria)
• Stain resistant
• Heat resistant
• Easy to clean
• 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol
• 3/4 cup water
• 3 squirts of dish soap
• 10 drops of essential oils, if you please
Shake, spray, wait and wipe – disinfects, doesn’t harm the stone, and smells good too!
2) Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
The visual effect and warmth of hardwood but much easier to maintain – vinyl plank flooring is the new go-to flooring material!
• Withstands heavy foot traffic
• Comfortable and warm on the feet
• Reduces noise
• Scratch resistant & ultra durable
• Easy to clean (most spills can be cleaned up with water!)
Once a week:
Vacuum & Mop with cleaning solution:
• 1 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 gallon hot water
• For extra cleaning power add a few drops of dish soap to the solution
3) Sleek Porcelain Tile
Large format textural porcelain tile creates a beautiful spa-like feeling in bathroom applications!
• Durable & tough
• Water resistant
• Stain & scratch resistant
• Low maintenance & easy to clean
• No polishing, waxing or sealing required
• ¼ White Vinegar
• 2 gallons of water
Grout Cleaning Solution:
• ½ cup baking soda
• ¼ cup vinegar
Mix and apply with toothbrush. Leave for 5 minutes, then wash off with warm water.
4) Trendsetting Thermofoil Cabinets
Versatile, textural, sleek & trend-setting, thermofoil cabinetry is a stylish alternative to real wood!
• Ultra smooth finish
• Chip resistant
• Stain resistant
• Low maintenance (no protective coatings required)
• Easily wiped down
• Non-detergent soap
5) All-Purpose Recipe
For all other surfaces, a simple all-purpose cleaner will do the trick!
All-purpose recipe (safe for any surface):
• 100 parts water
• 1 part white vinegar
• 10 drops of essential oil (i.e. tea tree, eucalyptus, peppermint)