With Halloween just around the corner it’s time to celebrate in Burlington with Treats in our Streets 2016!
On Saturday, October 29 families are invited to enjoy a variety of events and festivities, in costume, to get ready for Halloween on Monday. This year there are six venues in Burlington that will be hosting events starting at 11am.
All events are perfect for the entire family and are a great way to enjoy Halloween in the daylight hours before Monday’s trick or treating.
Here is a list of Treats in our Streets venues and activities planned for this year.
All events will be presented from 11am to 2pm unless otherwise stated.
2016 Burlington Treats in our Streets Events
• Route map & treat bag pick-up (first 2,000 kids)
• Burlington Taxi Socks for Homeless – donate new socks!
• Free coffee & hot chocolate from Starbucks (while supplies last)
• Halloween Bouncy Castle
• Petting Zoo
• Free Popcorn
• Carnival Games
Emma’s Back Porch Lot, 2084 Old Lakeshore Rd
• Medieval Bouncy Castle
• Halton Police Cruiser
• K-Lite FM Events Cruiser
• Martin & Hilyer Candy Station
• Emma’s Back Porch Kid’s Zone
• Free City of Burlington Parks & Rec Swim or Skate pass giveaways
Centro Garden Lot, 437 Brant St
• Free Hot Apple Cider
• Mini Pumpkin Decorating with the Art Gallery of Burlington
• Free Face Painting
Joe Dog’s Kid’s Halloween Party, 531 Brant St (12 – 3pm)
• Free pizza & fries for kids in costume!
• Halloween arts & crafts
Tyrsa Dancing – Ukrainian Hall, 2077 Pine St (until 1pm)
• Giant Garage Sale
• Treat Giveaways
• Hot Ukrainian Lunch (for purchase)
From treats and bouncy castles to apple cider and carnival games, there is something for everyone in Burlington during Treats in our Streets.
So, get the kids and their costumes ready (be sure to check the weather, nobody wants to be chilly all day) and stop in for some tricks and treats this Halloween weekend in Burlington.
Oh, and don’t forget to dress up yourself too. It’s always more fun when everyone shares in the spirit of the season together.