You don’t need a big garden in the backyard to grow vegetables. Anyone with a little bit of space and desire can plant, grow, and eat these tasty veggies in their condo.
That includes you.
We’ve got 3 vegetable options that you can start with, including tips to get you growing.
● Find a spot with good sunlight, likely near your window, and place your container there. Experts recommend a 5 gallon container at minimum.
● Plant your tomato seeds and remember to keep an eye on them for watering purposes. Keep tabs on the moisture levels in the soil and water accordingly.
● It’s recommended that you have a container of 8 to 12 inches to grow your beans. Sow your seeds approximately 1 inch deep and 2 inches apart.
● When seedlings reach 3 inches it is recommended that you space them to 6 inches apart.
● Water lightly on a regular basis to keep soil moist and beans in prime growing conditions.
Sweet Bell Peppers
● Soak seeds before planting them well spaced in a large container. Bury seeds approximately ¼ inch and cover. Make sure to keep the soil moist to let your seeds grow.
● Keep your pepper plants warm and well lit. A sunny window sill is a great choice, and temperatures of 21 to 27 degrees work best.
● Keep your plants watered thoroughly, allowing the top of the soil to become just barely dry before watering again.